Threaded Inserts Injection Molding
Threaded inserts injection molding is commonly used forplastic enclosure. Sure it is also useful for the plastic parts need the threads.
The reason why to make the threads metal inserts is to make more durable threads for plastic parts.
Material for threaded inserts
Both stainless metal and brass can be used for the threaded nut inserts.
Threaded Inserts Injection Molding Process
Mold building & injection for threaded inserts
- Design and make the special ejector pin to support the threaded inserts during injection,
- Consider the movement of the thread nut during injection, design the mold based on setting the mold in horizontal or vertical injection machine.
- Fit the threaded nut insert into mold quickly before resin degradation during injection, sometimes you should consider to use fixture to short the time to fit the threaded inserts.
Problem you may faced on threaded inserts injection molding:
- Crack on bosses during injection molding,
- Crack when you mount the screw into the threaded nut,
- Cannot undertake enough force during the test.
- When you have the secondary process such as painting, coating, it is possible to have crack also. Solution will share on our newsletters.
- Rigid and wearproof resin is easier to cause crack issue, solution share on our newsletters.
You will fill more than this, I will share more on our newsletters.
- To solve above issue, you can consider to use below solution:
Choose the right threaded inserts for injection molding,
The below threaded nut is easier to have more stress in the injection molding parts.
The below threaded nuts is have less stress and undertake bigger torque:
Design your boss to have the threaded inserts as stronger as possible, if you worry about the sink mark on the front surface, you can cut and reduce at the bottom of the bosses.