BOM/drawing for plastic injection mold design
- Are the correct materials being shown on injection mold drawing?
- Have all components been identified on the planned view with detailed numbers?
- Eye bolt holes are installed according to engineering prints to ensure safety of handling and are properly threads?
- Is BOM completed with Material, component description, HRC and steel type?
- Are the tie bars for the press shown on injection mold drawings?
- Is the Injection Mold Size (LxWxH) indicated on the plastic injection mold drawing?
Design / part specification for plastic injection mold design
- Rockwell hardness in C scale for each component identified in the text box on injection mold print.
- Is plastic material verified with part drawing?
- Is the shrink factor correct and verified?
- Does the injection mold conform to SEASKY PLASTIC TOOLING Guide Lines?
- Is there a minimum of 2-4 HRC points between movable components of injection mold?
- Does the surface finish specified satisfy plastic part molding requirements?
- Has the injection mold design been checked for mold function?
- Is the injection mold designed for easy assembly and disassembly?
Plastic injection mold components inspection
- Is the locating ring shown as per customer injection machine specification?
- Are the sprue “R” and orifice dimensions shown on the plastic injection mold drawing?
- Are support pillar locations shown on the injection mold drawings?
- Do the leader pins bushings have vent relief milled into the ?
- Is the shot counter location shown on the drawing if required?
- Have standard purchased items such as hose fittings and electrical connectors been specified on the parts list?
- Does mold drawing have parting line locks such as side lock or taper lock?
Plastic injection mold mark and guide system inspection
- Is there one return pin and leader pin offset and marked “O” on the injection mold drawing?
- Are the top two leader pins long enough to protrude 1/2 inch beyond the floating plate in the forward position?
- Are all pockets and outside edges of the mold plates chamfered to eliminate the possibility of sharp corners.
- Is there the capability for changing inserts/cores in the press for multiple version molds?
- Are the leader pins long enough to pilot into the bushings before the cores enter the cavities?
Plastic injection mold design-cooling system inspection
- Do the prints have 2-D water diagrams to show the flow of water?
- Are the water line plugs shown properly, circuits numbered, the “in and out”, and levels identified?
- Do the water lines “in and out” avoid the tie rods, mounting bolts, and clamp areas?
- Is the cooling to the inserts adequate?
Plastic injection mold design- and system
- Are runner, gate location and type shown on the drawing?
- Does the gate type match the mold design specification sheet?
- Is delayed ejection needed?
- Are the runners sharp corners broken by 1 mm minimum and blend the transitional points of all cross-sectional size reductions?
- Is there a cold slug well machined at the end of all runner turns and where the runner changes direction?
- Is the runner designed to drop free and clear of the mold?
- Is the sprue bushing keyed to prevent turning?
- Are the runners polished to a minimum B-3 standard finish?
Plastic injection mold design-ejection system
- Does the ejection side of mold have a cavity support plate?
- Do ejector plates show spring return?
- Do ejector plates have guide pins and bushings?
- Are K.O. pin locations shown on the view of the core half of drawing?
- Do the KO holes miss the water lines, support posts, stop buttons, and core pin water fountains?
- Are the rails of the ejector housing doweled if it is standard mold base?
- Is the length of the ejector plate assembly 0.01-inch per/end shorter than the ejector housing?
- Have there been provisions made to return the ejector plate before the mold closes when there are ejector pins under the slides or core pins?
- Are all contoured ejector pins keyed to prevent rotation with “D” shape ejection pin head?
- Is the clearance and chamfer for the ejector pins shown on the mold drawings?
- Has part ejection been reviewed to determine any effects for distortion, hitting the other mold surface, or needing shields to contain parts?
Plastic injection mold design-molding pressure /mold size
- Does the mold fit within the machine minimum and maximum mold height specifications?
- Do the clamping slots line-up with bolt holes on the platen?
- Does the machine have adequate opening stroke to clear parts and runner? Will mold fit in the machine for which it is intended?
- Does the machine have adequate KO stroke?
Plastic injection mold design-Venting system
- Do the Primary vents have 0.08” primary land and then exit to atmosphere through a minimum of 0.020” deep by 0.0125” wide channel? Does the mold drawing show the area of venting?
- Do mold drawings show the venting as a separate detailed view detail?
Plastic injection mold design-side action
- Are core and cavity proud of the mold base parting line 0.004″ minimum? Are Lifters and slifters < 15° from vertical?
- Are the slide locking angles a minimum of 2 degrees greater than angles of the pull pins?
Plastic injection mold design-cavity ID and markings
- Are the cavities and spare cavities sequentially identified and have sub inserts been identified for traceability purposes?
- Are cavity numbers to be located as close to the gate as possible and shown on the print?
- Have all areas been identified for mold cleaning and has the access of these areas been considered in design?
- Has the engraving and texturing surface finish been identified on the molding details?
- Does the size/font/location and depth of engraving conform to part drawings?
- Have the molding inserts been keyed to prevent rotation where necessary?
- Is the steel of core and cavity as customers’ specification and suitable for molding the specified resin?
Plastic injection mold design-Mold base
- Does every plate have a pry bar slot?
- Do the Leader pins or bushings have grease groves?
- Are the eyebolt holes size and proper location shown? Is the parting line safety strap been shown on the print?
- Is mold tag location shown and recessed below the surface of the tool to ensure the tag does not get damaged or removed during mold disassembly and assembly?
- Are eyebolt holes at least 1” deep and on all four sides of the mold.
Plastic injection mold design-Hot runner system
- Do the mold drawings show the wiring schematics for hot runner molds? Do the mold drawings show the electrical box location?
- Is Hot runner manifold layout shown in drawing? (If Applicable) Are the insulator plates shown on top and bottom of the mold for Hot runner tool?
- Are the electrical boxes must be insulated against heat transfer from mold base.
- Is the thermocouple connector and power connector information must be engraved on plaque(s) and fixed nearby electrical connection.
- Are corners and edges along wire grooves chamfered or radiused.
- Are corners and edges along wire grooves chamfered or radiused.
- Are the electrical connectors for power and thermocouple mounted on the top of the mold. Using Std. DME type Junction box of 12-zone connector or as customers’ specification
- Are the hot-runner and/or valve-gate system drawing(s) or manufacturers tags included in the documentation package.
- Are the valve-gate systems air actuated.
Welcome to send us email anytime for plastic injection molding product making and plastic injection molding product mold making inquiry :
Email box :email@example.com